Posted By : Sumi
Red gram dal- 1 cup
Green chilles- 4
Curry leaves- few
Mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Cummin seeds(powdered)- 1 teaspoon
Pepper(powdered)- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- pinch
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Salt- to taste
- Place the red gram dal in 3/4 cup of water,with a spoonful of ghee and a pinch of turmeric powder in a container in the pressure cooker.
- Cook dal, mash with a churner and keep aside.
- Place a vessel on the fire,pour one cup of water,add slit green chillies.
- Then add chopped tomatoes,salt,curry leaves and boil for a few minutes.
- Add the mashed dal mixture,the powdered cummin,pepper and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire.heat ghee,add the mustard seeds,when they crackle,pour it on the rasam.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime.
- Serve hot.