Posted By : Vinod
Green peas- 100gm
Beans- 50 gm
Mint leaves- 1 small bunch
Coconut- 1/2 lid
Green chillies- 6
Aniseed(saunf)- 1 tablespoon
Rice- 250 gm
Curry leaves- Few
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
Ghee or Oil- For seasoning
- Prepare rice in the pressure cooker.
- Cool and keep aside.
- Shell the peas,Cut the cauliflower to small pieces.
- Cut the potatoes,carrots,beetroot,beans to uniform thin 1 inch pieces.
- Clean and pick the mint leaves,removing the stalks.
- Take a vessel, heat two cups of water and boil.
- Add peas,beans, carrot and a pinch of sodium bicarbonate.
- When vegetables are cooked, remove from fire, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the potato pieces to golden brown.
- Keep aside. Fry the cauliflower and keep aside.
- Lastly the beetroot pieces should be fried and kept aside.
- Grind to a fine paste the slit green chillies, mint leaves, aniseeds and coconut gratings to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and ghee together, add the mustard seeds, when they crackle, add the boiled peas, beans and carrot pieces and fry.
- Add salt. add the ground mint-saunf-chilli paste.
- Mix well and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the prepared rice, mix well and remove from fire.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
- Serve with raita and appalams.