Posted By : Nimmy
rice- 500 gm
onions- 4 big
red chillies- 4
green chillies- 4
turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
cinnamon sticks- 2
coriander powder- 4 tablespoon
bengal gram dal- 3 tablespoon
oil- 3 tablespoon
tamarind- 1 ball(size of lime)
coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
curry leaves- few
salt- to taste
- heat the oil in a frying pan.
- first fry the masala ingredients-coriander seeds,red chillies,bengal gram dal,cloves,cinnamon sticks,powder and keep aside.
- boil the rice in the pressure cooker and keep aside.
- soak tamarind in boiling water.
- extract pulp and juice for 1/2 cup.
- chop and slice finely lengthwise the onions and green chillies.
- chop the curry leaves and the coriander leaves finely.
- heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,when they cracklemadd chopped green chillies,coriander and curry leaves and the sliced onions.
- fry for a few minutes.add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- add extracted half cup of tamarind juice.
- add salt to taste.fry till golden brown.
- add the powdered masala.
- add the cooked rice and stir well.
- add 1 tablespoon ghee and mix well
- garnish with chopped curry and coriander leaves.
- serve hot.