Posted By : Sumi
Green coriander leaves(chopped)- 1/2 bunch
Oil- 1/2 cup
Green mango-raw(grated)- 1big
Coconut scrapings- 1/2 cup
Asafoetida- 1small piece
Red chillies- 6
Green chillies- 6
Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric stick(small)- 1 piece
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Peanuts- 1/4 cup
Salt- to taste
- Wash and peel the skin of the mango,grate finely.
- Boil and prepare rice in the pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Fry the mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,red chillies,turmeric piece and asafoetida dry, without adding oil.
- Keep aside in a bowl.
- Add the grated coconut scrapings,grated mango andthe chopped green chillies to these ingredients in the bowl.
- Pour the prepared rice in a thali,add salt.
- Add the ground mango-masala paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle,add the peanuts and fry.
- Then pour this over the mango paste and rice.
- Stir and mix well.garnish with chopped coriander leaves.