Curd Rice(Thayeer sadam)
Posted By : Vinod
Rice- 250 gm
Curd- 1/4 litter
Milk- 1/4 litter
Ginger pieces(chopped)- 1 tablespoon
Green chilles(chopped)- 2
White butter- 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves- 1 spring
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Chillies- 3 to 4 salted
Salt- To taste
Oil- For seasoning
- First prepare the rice.
- Wash, pick and boil the rice in the pressure cooker to a soft consistancy.
- When cool, add curd, milk and the white butter.
- Add salt to taste, togather with a few crushd pinched curry leaves.
- Grate the carrot finely.
- Chop the green raw mango to even size cubes.
- Peal, remove the skin of the cucumber and grate finely.
- Fry in oil the mustard seeds, when they crackle, add the chopped green chillies,a few pieces of finely sliced ginger and season the rice-curd mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the diced mangoes,grated carrots and cucumber pieces.
- Add the fried salted chillies.
- Garnish with freshly chopped green coriander leaves.
- Ideal for dinner,get-together,picnic.