Chopped Green Mango Pickle
Green manogoes(raw)- 4 Medium size
Salt- 1 1/2 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds- 1 teaspoon
Chiili powder- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
- Wash the manoges well.
- Dry with a cloth and cut into eight,even sized squares.
- Fry the fenugreek seedsdry;and asafoetida in a little oil.
- Powder and keep them aside.
- Mix the salt with the chopped mangoes,keeping them in a thali or plate.
- Add the turmeric powder and sprinkle the chilli powder.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the mustard seeds,when they crackle,pour the oil over the chilli powder,sprinkled on the chopped mangoes,while the oil is still hot.
- Now sprinkle the powdered fenugreek seeds,and asafoetida.
- Allow to cool, mix well and store well in a stone jar.