Cauliflower(chopped)- 1 cup
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
Tamerind(size of a lime)- 1 ball
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chop the cauliflower into small piecesand soak for a few minutes in water,adding a pinch of salt.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Extract half cup of tamerind pulp heat oil, fry the asafoetida piece.
- Remove from fire,powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil,add mustard seeds,when they crackle,pour it on to the chilli powder kept in a vessel.
- Heat oil add the cauliflower pieces.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the extracted tamerind pulp.
- When the water if any,subside,take off from the fire.
- Add the powdered asafoetida.
- Add the pickle to the chilli powder in the vesel.
- Mix well and serve.