Tomato onion red gram dal
Posted By : Nimmy
red gram dal- 250 gm
green chilles- 2
tomato(thinny sliced-lengthwise)- 2
black gram dal- 1/4 teaspoon
mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
asafoetida- 1 small piece
coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
salt- to taste
oil- for frying
- wash and cook the dal with turmeric powder and one teaspoon of ghee.
- keep aside and mash with a churner thoroughly.
- heat oil,add finely chopped onions to a light brown color.
- add chopped tomatoes and fry for a few minutes.
- add the mashed dal mixture.
- add salt.season with mustard seeds,asafoetida,green chilles(slit) and black gram dal.
- simmer for a few minutes.
- garnish with chopped curry leaves and green coriander leaves.
- mix well,serve hot with rice or parathas