Spicy channa dal
Posted By : Nimmy
Bengal gram dal- 1 cup
Grated coconut- 1/2
Coriander seeds- 1 tablespoon
Pepper corns- 6
Red chillies- 3
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Grated rind of lime- 1/2 teaspoon
Large lime- 1
Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
Ghee- 2 tablespoon
Salt- to taste
- Soak the dal in water for an hour.
- Wash,pick,drain and keep asaide.
- Cook dal with turmeric powder and salt.
- In a frying pan,ad 1 tablespoon ghee,add the coriander lseeds,cloves,peppercorns and red chillies.
- Stir these till an aroma arises.
- Then add the sliced onions and fry till it turns pale brown.
- Add coconut scrapings.
- Remove from fire after a few minutes.
- Allow it to cool.grind these ingrediants finely to a masala paste.
- Add to the cooked dal.boil the dal-masala mixture.
- Adding one cup of warm water.add 1 tablespoon ghee,remove from fire.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Squeez the juice of a lime before serving.
- Serve hot with purees or chappattis.