Greens in curd(Morkeerai)
Posted By : Sumi
Amaranth leaves or mulaikeerai- 1 bunch
Sour curd or butter milk- 1 cup
Grated coconut- 1/2 cup
Green chilles- 2
Cummin seeds(powdered)- 1 teaspoon
Black gram dal- 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
Rice flour- 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
- Wash the greens well.pick and chop to fine pieces.
- Heat water in a vessel,add the chopped greens with salt.
- Boil well till soft and tender.mash with a churner.
- In a cup of sour curd or butter milk add the mixture of ground coconut gratings-cummin seeds,green chilli paste and half teaspoon rice flour.
- Mix well.add to the green amaranth mixture and boil till it thickness.
- Remove from fire.season with mustard seeds,asafoetida and black gram dal.