Green Pepper kootu
Posted By : Sumi
Green amaranth leaves- 1 bunch
Red gram dal- 1 cup
Ghee- 2 tablespoon
Coriander seeds- 1 teaspoon
Red chillies- 2
Black gram dal- 1 teaspoon
Coconut gratings- 2 tablespoon
Pepper- 1 teaspoon
Cummin seeds(powdered)- 1 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
- Boil red gram dal in pressure cooker or in a vessel.
- Cool,mash keep aside.
- Wash the greens well,boil in a water with a pinch of soda.
- Mash with a churner.chop tomato finely.
- Fry in oil or ghee-coriander seeds,red chillies,pepper,cummin seeds and coconut gratings.
- Graind to a fine paste.add salt to the mashed greens,add the dal and boil.
- Add chopped tomatoes.add the ground masala and let it boil for few more minutes.
- Heat ghee,add the mustard seeds,add the black gram dal and a few curry leaves.
- Pour on the green kootu.
- Serve with rice.