Drumstick Lime sambar
Posted By : Sumi
Red gram dal- 250gm
Green chilles- 3
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves- few
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Salt- to taste
- Wash pick and boil the red gram dal in pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Cut drumsticks into pieces.
- Slice green chillies lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a frying pan,add asafoetida,mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds.
- Add greenchillies and fry.
- Add the chopped drumsticks and handfull of curry leaves and fry.
- Add two cups of water.let the vegetables be tender and soft.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Then add the boiled red gram dal.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Just before serving,squeez the juice of lime.
- Serve hot with rice and chappattis.