Posted By : Nimmy
carrots- 200 gm
chillies- 3 green
coconut scrapings- 1 teaspoon
cummin(jeera)seeds- 1 teaspoon
turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
black gram dal- 1/2 teaspoon
curry leaves- few
coriander leaves- few
salt- to taste
oil- for frying
- Wash and dice carrots into small cubes.
- boil in water with pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- drain when soft and tender.
- set aside.Grind chopped green chillies,coconut scrapings and the cummin seeds.
- heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds.
- when they crackle, add the black gram dal.
- when it is slightly brown,add the chopped carrots.
- add the ground coconut-chilli-cummin paste.
- stir and mix well.
- remove from fire.
- garnish with a few curry and coriander leaves.