Cummin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- pinch
Grated coconut- 1/2 cocunut
Curd- 1 cup
Green chilles- 2
Ash gourd- 1 slice
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Salt- to taste
- Peel the skin of the ash grourd,cut into small pieces.
- Wash well.boil in hot water with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- When the ash gourd pieces are soft,remove from fire.
- Strain the water,drain and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut scrapings,slit green chillies and cummin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this to the sour curd.
- Boil the curd and the ash gourd pieces in a vessel.
- Simmer for three minutes.season with mustard seeds and garnish with green coriander leaves.