Posted By : Sumi
Potatoes(alu)- 250 gm
Fenugreek leaves(methi)- 1 small bunch
Onions- 225 gm
Ghee- 50 gm
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Garlic(optional)- 4 cloves
Tomatoes- 2 small
Curd- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves(chopped)- 1/2 bunch
Chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
- Wash,peel and cube potatoes.
- Place them in water with a pinch of salt.
- Chop onions finely.wash the fenugreek leaves.
- Chop the tomatoes.heat fat,brown the chopped onions slightly.
- Add the chilli powder and the turmeric powder.
- Add the washed fenugreek leaves and fry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,curd,garlic and salt to taste.
- Add sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Add the potatoes and boil gently until soft and ready to serve.
- Garnish with a few curry and coriander leaves.