Vegetable marrow chutney
vegetable marrow- 1
Tamerind(size of a lime)- 1 ball
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
Red chillies- 2
Black gram dal- 2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 3 tablespoon
Salt- to taste
- Wash and peel the skin of the vegetables marrow.
- Cut into even size small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the asafoetida piece and red chillies.
- Then add the black gram dal.
- Grind the tamarind,red chillies,asafoetida and salt.
- Lastly add the black gram dal and grind a little.
- Add the chopped vegetable marrow cubes taking care to fry them in oil first.
- Season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Goes well with rice and parathas.