Posted By : Vinod
Small madras onions- 250 gm
Red chillies- 4
Tamerind(size of a lime)- 1 ball
Black gram dal- 3 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 4 tablespoon
Salt- to taste
- Peel the onions.
- Chop it finely and fry in oil.
- Fry red chillies,black gram dal to a reddish color.
- Grind fried chillies,the ball of tamarind and salt to a paste.
- Add the fried onion and grind.
- Lastly add the fried black gram dal and grind a little.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds,when they crackle,pour it over the onion chutney and season.
- Mix well and serve with purees,rice and chappattis.