Coriander and mint chutney
Posted By : Vinod
Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
Mint leaves(pudina)- 1 bunch
Tamerind(size of a lime)- 1 ball
Red chillies- 2
Black gram dal- 2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida- 1 small piece
Salt- to taste
- Wash,pick and clean the coriander leaves and mint leaves discarding the stems.
- Heat oil,fry both the leaves and keep aside.
- Heat two teaspoon oil fry asafoetida piece,red chillies and the black gram dal.
- Grind a lump of tamarind with salt,green chillies,asafoetida piece and black gram dal.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves and grind.
- Season with mustard seeds.
- Can be used for sandwiches,eaten with chappattis and purees.