Water- As rqrd
Cooked Rice- 1/2 cup
Long grain white Rice- 2 cups (preferably Mahatma Brand)
Sweetened cocnut flakes- 1 cup
Salt- As rqrd
Yeast- 1 tsp
- Wash and soak the rice for about an hour.
- In two batches gring together soaked rice, sweetened coconut with little water.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and fold it into the batter.
- Allow to ferment for atleast 6 hours preferably in a warm place.
- Do not mix the fermented batter, transfer the required batter onto another bowl and refrigerate the rest of the batter.
- Add salt and pour into the appam tava and make delicious appams.