Yam chips should be served immediately, as they become soft very quickly.
yam(zimikand), peeled and cut into 1 finger chips- 500 gsm
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Chili Powder- 1 tsp
Rice Powder- 2 tsp
Oil- for frying
- Boil 1 liter water with 1 tsp salt in a pan over high heat. And yam and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover pan and set aside till cool.
- Drain yam thoroughly in a colander. Add salt if necessary and sprinkle with turmeric and chili powder.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai.
- Sprinkle yam with rice powder and toss well to coat.
- Fry yam chips in batches till golden. Drain and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot as a side dish or snack.