White Fish Curry
White fish such as cod,halibut or haddock,skinned and filleted- 700 g
Ghee- 60 ml
Coriander seeds- 7.5ml
Black peppercorns- 5 ml
Garlic cloves(chopped)- 1
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala- 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves- To garnish
- Wash the fish under cold running water and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cut into small cubes.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add fish a few pieces at a time and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fish carefully from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Grind the coriander seeds peppercorns and garlic in a small electric mill.
- Add the spice paste to the frying pan with the turmeric,chilli powder and salt,and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 300 ml water.
- Bring to the boil,then lower the heat and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer,shaking the pan occasionally,for a further 10 minutes.
- Do not stir,Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the garam masala over the fish stand for 2 minutes.
- Then turn into warmed serving dish.
- garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.