Spiced Chicken Roast
Chicken- 1.8 kg
Lemon juice- 1
Coriander seeds- 2 teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Natural yogurt- 300 ml
Coriander leaves(chopped)- 4 tablespoon
Ginger pieces(chopped)- 5 cm
Fresh mint- 4 tablespoon
Garlic cloves(chopped)- 4
Paprika- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Ghee- 50 ml
- Prick the skin of the chicken all over with a fine skewer.
- Mix together the lemon juice,crushed coriander seeds and chilli powder and brush over the chicken.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile,mix together the remaining ingredients,except the ghee and the garnish.
- Stand the chicken,breast side up,in a roasting tin.
- Brush with one-quarter of the yogurt mixture.
- Roast in the oven at 200 c mark 6 for about 30 minutes or until the yogurt dries.
- Turn the chicken over on its side and brush with another quarter of the yogurt mixture.
- Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes until the yogurt dries again.
- Continue turning the chicken and brushing with yogurt twice more,until the chicken has been cooking for 2 hours.
- Stand the chicken,breast side up again,and brush with the ghee.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220 c mark 7 and roast the chicken for a further 15 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of a thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Transfer the chicken to a warmed dish.
- Garnish and serve immediately.