Posted By : Sharmilee
Healthy easy and instant oats dosa breakfast recipe? This recipe specially for Patients with diabetes.
Oats- 1 cup
Rice flour- 1/4 cup
Rava- 1/4 cup
Jeera- 1 tsp
Onion- 1 chopped finely
Green chillies- 1/2 finely chopped
Pepper powder- a pinch [optional]
Oil- as required
Salt- to taste
Water- as required
- Dry roast oats for 2 mins till a nutty aroma comes and the color of oats slightly changes. Allow it to cool down then powder it finely.
- Add little oil and saute the onions for 2mins. In a serving bowl : Add oats powder, rice flour, rava, jeera, onion, pepper powder, salt and mix well.
- Add water and make a thin batter like rava dosa batter.Heat the dosa tawa, take one laddle of batter and drizzle it from the corners and finishing off in the middle like we do for rava dosas. There will be holes seen as in the pic. Drizzle oil, allow it cook till golden brown and turn over to other side, leave it for 2 seconds then transfer to the serving plate. Enjoy ur crispy oats dosa hot.
- After 2 trials I adjusted and made the oats dosa close to the style of rava dosa. The result was crispy dosas do try it out for yourself. Since the day I tried this oats dosa, its regular on our menu atleast once a weekm it is sure a better alternative to the usual oats porridge.
- Serve with idli podi or sambar. I like it with idly podi and mulag chutney.
- Just drizzle only a thin layer of the batter dont spread it , else you will not get crispy dosas.
- I like pepper flavour in this, if you omit pepper, then add finely chopped green chillies to the batter.
- You can dry roast oats, powder it and store it in advance so that its very helpful during our morning hurry burries.