Badam Kheer / Almond Kheer
This is a very rich and tasty dessert that can be made with less effort too. I like my kheer to be served cold. Though the traditional badam kheer recipe is peeling the skin and grinding it.Sometimes I take the shortroute of just powdering almonds, sugar and mix it with milk whenever needed. Just powder almonds with sugar,then add saffron strands and cardomom powder. Your ready made badam mix is ready!
Milk- 1.5 cups
Sugar- 2 to 3 tsp
Saffron- 2 strings
Cardomom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Soak badam in hot water for 10mins. Now press the badams to peal the skin off.
- Grind the badams with 1/2 tsp of water to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a wide bottomed pan,add sugar and simmer it for 10mins so till milk becomes slightly thicker. Now add the badam paste to the milk and mix well.
- Add saffron strands and cardomom powder.Allow it to boil for 5more mins. By this time the mixture starts getting thicker, switch off at this stage as it gets thicker with time.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and Serve hot or cold.